It is currently not possible to have a "complete list of minerals". The International Mineralogical Association is the international group that recognises new minerals and new mineral names. However, minerals discovered before 1959 did not go through the official naming procedure. Some minerals published previously have been either confirmed or discredited since that date. This list contains a mixture of mineral names that have been approved since 1959 and those mineral names believed to still refer to valid mineral species (these are called "grandfathered" species).
Due to the length of this list, it is divided into alphabetical groups. The minerals are sorted by name.
* List of minerals A-B (complete)
* List of minerals C-E (complete)
* List of minerals F-J (complete)
* List of minerals K-M (complete)
* List of minerals N-R (complete)
* List of minerals S-T (complete)
* List of minerals U-Z (complete)
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/"
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License