Hellenica World

Max Planck Institute for Physics

Max Planck Institute for Physics is a physics institute in Munich, Germany that specializes in High Energy Physics and Astroparticle physics. It is part of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft and is also known as the Werner Heisenberg Institute, after its first director.

It was founded as the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics in 1917 in Berlin. Albert Einstein, Fritz Haber, Walther Nernst, Max Planck and Peter Debye were directors of the institute. The Second World War made it necessary to move the institute, first to Göttingen and then, in 1958, to Munich where it was renamed the Max Planck Institute for Physics and Astrophysics. In 1991, the institute was split into the Max Planck Institute for Physics, the Max Planck Institute for Astrophysics and the Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics.

External links

Homepage of the Max Planck Institute for Physics

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/"
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License

Index

Scientific Library - Scientificlib.com