The term galactic corona has been used in the first decade of the twenty-first century to describe a hot, ionised, gaseous component of the Milky Way.
* THE GALACTIC CORONA, Jerry Bonnell, 1995
* Absorption Line Studies in the Halo, Philipp Richter, 2003
* Multi-phase High-Velocity Clouds toward HE 0226-4110 and PG 0953+414, Andrew J. Fox et.al., 2005
* Galactic Corona or Local Group Intergalactic Medium?, Rik J. Williams, Smita Mathur, & Fabrizio Nicastro, 2005
* NGC 5746: Detection of Hot Halo Gets Theory Out of Hot Water
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/"
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License