Species: Crateromys paulus
Crateromys paulus Musser & Gordon, 1981
English: Ilin bushy-tailed cloud rat
* IUCN link: Crateromys paulus Musser & Gordon, 1981 (Critically Endangered)
* Crateromys paulus on Mammal Species of the World.
Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2 Volume Set edited by Don E. Wilson, DeeAnn M. Reeder
The Ilin Island Cloudrunner (Crateromys paulus) is a critically endangered, possibly extinct cloud rat from Ilin Island in the Philippines. It is a fluffy-coated, bushy-tailed rat and may have emerged from tree hollows at night to feed on fruits and leaves. It is known from one specimen, collected on 4 April 1953, and presented to the National Museum of Natural History in Washington D.C. The island's forests have been destroyed by human activity.
* 'A Gap in Nature' by Tim Flannery and Peter Schouten (2001), published by William Heinemann
* Heaney (1996). Crateromys paulus. 2006. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCN 2006. www.iucnredlist.org. Retrieved on 10 May 2006. Database entry includes a brief justification of why this species is critically endangered and the criteria used
* Musser, G. G. and M. D. Carleton. 2005. Superfamily Muroidea. Pp. 894-1531 in Mammal Species of the World a Taxonomic and Geographic Reference. D. E. Wilson and D. M. Reeder eds. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore.